The client requested that we carry out a consumer unit change initially.
We advised them that we would carry out an inspection prior to a board change which would show up any issues within the installation that would have to addressed prior to the board change.
The report highlighted many issues unfortunately, the main one’s are listed below –
1. No CPC’s to ground and 1st floor lighting, metal fitting and plates in place.
2. No ring final continuity on ring final circuits.
3. No main equipotential bonding installed to both water and gas intake positions.
4. Low insulation readings on all circuits.
After advising the clients of the issues, a quote for remedial works was given and a schedule set to undertake the works at there convenience.
The list of works included –
1. Rewire of ground and 1st floor lighting, to include new down lights and switch positions.
2. Main equipotential bonding to both gas and water intake positions.
3. Fault finding and correction on ring final circuits.
4. Isolation of faulty equipment and cabling.
5. Replacement sockets and switches where needed.
6. New consumer unit installed with full inspection, certification and notification for Part P of the building regulations.
7. Installation of front garden and driveway lighting.
The installation is now in a good condition and suitable for continued use.
Mr & Mrs Viraj